Friday, February 25, 2011

Will Someone Know If I Remove A Tag On Facebook

Report

Last weekend have I written the above-mentioned interim report / Interim report for my organization in Germany, I would not deprive you. However, I believe that these words of my readers seem very well known and can only be regarded as a small summary for the last half year.
I also have already received an answer to my organization, who were very satisfied with the report, which surprised me a bit personally, as I noticed when ask around, forcing many volunteers working on their report.
Another week summary follows in the next few days.

To my personal progress report for the first half of my voluntary social year to draw in Australia, I have an adventurous, interesting and informative time to look back. My first project took place namely in the Australian bush, isolated from civilization, I spent together with Christopher Kuhn and Maximilian Schuessler, both volunteers of ICJA, my first 5 months, 120km north of Broome in an indigenous community. I chose this project because I really wanted to learn about the indigenous culture, which was thus the main reason for choosing this project. To my disappointment, this project failed, however, and so were described as following certain expectations not met (Now the description of this project has been altered).
With my arrival has been found out that the community not really an is indigenous, because apart from the three of us volunteers lived there only Mario, which original Italian, as well as Norman, who is born in Australia but has no indigenous roots. In the past lived and worked there though Aboriginals, which gradually disappeared, however, and thus, the project outputs indigenous wrongly so. The main activities should be related to the instant entertainment and community development, which also came out pretty good so far too, but I personally do not like the idea behind, to transform the community into a campsite for tourists, which are authorized to pose as an indigenous community, nor make unauthorized. To pursue this goal was expected of us volunteers very hard physical work, which includes work as a volunteer for me not to such an extent. Furthermore, the single-minded pursuit of the plan, and the sometimes thankless handling leave me feeling rather than cheap labor and less as volunteers. Although my expectations are however some things gone differently, I have seen it as a challenge to adapt to situations and to find the best compromise for all parties involved. The best example of this is the extreme limit of my privacy have been. Besides the fact that they were already required daily with the people to work together and connect in contact with them, I had to share my room for 10 weeks with Max. Thus, there was no place to which I was able to pull me back, what was for me in my life possible. Again and again it came so to conflict, which had to be solved, however, since one had to finally get along.
can generally say that I now many things that previously were of course for myself, have now come to appreciate better.
Life in such an isolated area, the hot air and hard work were not always easy, and I also have some driven to my limits. Even though I've partially presented the project differently, I regret not having chosen me. Quite the contrary, I am glad to have made such an experience, because in a region which can be compared in my opinion, with nearly a third world country, I have not only learned a lot of craftsmanship, but also something about myself addition It has affected my view and opinion of many things in a positive and mature me as a person.
Although the project was not an indigenous community, it is still in an area which, as "Aboriginal land" means is. Through my own initiative I was able to finally connect with Aboriginal people still in touch and get to know the way of life. provided, however, found that the spread through the media "aboriginal dreamtime culture" in reality no longer exists and provides the majority of people in the world a false impression about the Australian culture.
with the work of the work of sending and hosting organization, I am really pleased so far, although I've presented some things initially structured. For example, I knew until my arrival in the host country is not in what project I come, also the housing situation was still unclear, it was just sure that I at the airport will be collected.
Both project placements were also still very complicated since many it was not clear which projects are actually now available which do not.
pleasantly surprised I was, however, of the seminars that took place in Germany and Australia. It has in fact taken care of in both cases much about the volunteers, and there were also always contact for personal worries, conflicts and issues. Apart from all the seminars had been very informative for me and are an important part of all this service as they offer the opportunity to exchange experiences with other volunteers.
For the second half of my voluntary social Year, I've now decided on a completely different experience. My next 5 months I will spend namely in Geraldton, where I in an elementary school, which is very similar to a Waldorf school, will work. The ability of changing the project after six months to like it very much because you have to volunteer the opportunity to gain further experience and thus gain a further impression, like for example in my case, differs completely from the first.
The interim conclusion of my previous year of voluntary work is therefore very positive. Already, many are already gone my desires and expectations in performance, except I feel as a person used reasonable and can thus help the people in my project and what is very important to me. Is becoming increasingly clear to me to require the sense in the future international youth exchange, the play apart from the cultural exchange which has a very important role, it offers young people a unique experience that can be understood only by people who have experienced it himself.
I'm very happy for my next six months and the ICJA'm already very grateful that I can collect if was such an experience can be!

0 comments:

Post a Comment