Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Butalbital/apap/caff Tb Tev

OP-A taste

On Tuesday I had
the opportunity to attend a hysterectomy (removal of the uterus). Kwami, mentoring of volunteers in Agou, had invited me to his job at the hospital in Bethesda Agou-Nyogbo (main setting of the book "Fufu is not a food of the gods" by Dieter Jacobi). He works as an anesthetist. The invitation I am only too happy followed, as it has always interested me, is operated as here.

By and large, it is like here. There are a patient, an anesthesiologist with a helper, a helper or two surgeons and a knight. The devices are less modern and plentiful, but it has everything work.

operating room
The difference is that patients who are running in the operating room, it does not necessarily clean everything from windows and doors are made of wood, there is less disposable products, particularly as medical and surgical gowns - Shawls terms. Most patients who undergo surgery on the lower body get a Peridualanästhesie, an anesthetic into the spine, that is, they are awake throughout the surgery. In our patient is told as the uterus, which was full of fibroids removed. It took almost three hours. I know not sure I would have coped with that. Even a difference. Patients are not treated with kid gloves here so as with us. Since it is often quite ugly. "Stand up but not like that!", "This could be much worse." The patient must pay yourself any drug, too. If he can not afford pain medication, you have to make way it is. Teeth and bite.
Throughout his may sound in such a way as if many patients screaming and whining in hospital. Is not so! You care for everyone. The trouble is that many come quite late, if they have really badly. They often tried first with herbs, Tea, medicine men. This may in some cases certainly help, but sometimes you can just give the medicine only relief.
Let's go back to the patient. If she wants to bury her uterus, she may take home. Another difference.

Rami (volunteer),
Yannick (nurse anesthetist) and I total
me, the day in the operating room fallen very good, it was really interesting and the whole team was really nice and open. If I get permission, I will every Tuesday (Tuesday and Thursday are operating days) go to the hospital. The variety is good and you can still learn a lot. At the same time I can spend the rest of the day in Nyogbo village, where there usually a few degrees cooler (or rather not so hot), and especially you can recover from dust and noise in Kpalimé.

Otherwise, time passes rapidly, from Saturday to Sunday, I celebrate my 25th Birthday. There is a big party, the preparations are in full swing. I feel that my host mom is under a lot of power. It must be perfect everything!




0 comments:

Post a Comment