Friday, February 18, 2011

Used Outdoor Playground Playset

boredom? Not with me:)

Kite Festival in Dongora
person like me here in the city ran out of time is really incredible! In the bush came to me partly 3 weeks as ne ever and here is now already begun my fourth week in Geraldton. If this continues, I am emotionally next week again in Germany) were
weekend Sandra, Thomas and I, for example, 60km south of Geraldton in Dongora the kite-stock festival, which was of course a must for Thomas, which only in good wind kiting is found.

In normal conditions would be more than 100
kite surfers were out side at the same time.
was originally planned that we camp over the weekend there, but we have short term cancels the reservation at the campsite, as violent weather warnings have been forecast. Apart from the weather was even worse predicted wind, which has decimated the number of participants significantly. The wind came namely from Germany, which the kite-surfers in the event of a crash is driving out of the kite on the wide sea, and is therefore very dangerous to navigate.


I hope that Thomas possibly for a kite I can get
, then I gebenb crowding around
the bath:)
However, it went on Saturday morning with two of Thomas' Kite-Buddies to Dongora, where the first port of call is not the beautiful beach, but the bakery was in what I came for the first time recipient of the still well-known homemade Meat-Pies. Even though my Meat-Pie a lot better than the previous which was came from the deep chill cabinet, this originally English specialty, yet not one of my favorite dishes. Because with me, the idea of a cake is still sweet and not meaty:)


photo session
Are We then drove to the beach, which I was personally rather invited to swim, instead of the kite. Along the beach have nevertheless about 40 kite surfers married into the water and here and there are several distributors of their kites and boards put up for sale. The planned competitions, however, have not taken place due to the wind.
outskirts of Geraldton
On Sunday morning, then again forced us to play volleyball on the beach. What I was less interesting, however, because after all, Sandra Thomas and meet only with friends who are more interested in the coffee afterwards and less on the game itself.

Library Geraldt
I then spent the afternoon or in the public library in which I have now been given a pass. Somehow I have to smile a little about myself, because in Germany I would have gone last in the library when it would have been boring ... well times change:)
evening we were still in Portuguese Friends invited us who have cooked very tasty.

lecker wars
went to the lake then on Mittoch evening with my future host family and some friends. To learn to know each other before moving in a bit I have invited Lisa & Steve on their sail boat to watch the beautiful sunset from there. Apart from the fact that there is a pretty chilly way is its closing time to enjoy, I am of course much talk to Lisa and Steve.

on the sailing ship
in red pink / Lisa, behind Connie
and front right of the Steve
It was finally a little light in my not quite see through housing. Just as they have told me, I will move next week so start with them until mid-March, then I have to move somewhere else but pass because they have family visit to renovate the apartment and after about 2-week break, I can stay with them until the end. I'm looking forward to it very much live with them may, for apart from the fact that they are very athletic and so are the outdoor types rather, they have had experiences with the inclusion of volunteers. Otherwise is in the house and be a lot going on, because they have two dogs and have a daughter, Connie. Moreover, they are real Australians and how immigrated many promises the ultimate Australian experience: D

Besides the fact that I myself currently here let go really well, there is also something else to work, but at some dignified than in first six months. Comfortable I am usually up at 6:30 clock. After a morning shower and breakfast we then by 8 clock with the wheel towards school, which started surprisingly late at 8.50 clock. By 15 clock then the kids have school hours and I thus closing time. Thus, then probably most of my future days of the week . Look The necessary change in the school will provide the kids:)

My personal schedule has now been as good as suspended, after all, I drive myself around there where I will be in use. Last week, I for example with the first-graders began the alphabet to learn, this was quite funny.
"Ants on the apple ... a ... a ... a" - I wonder if I've learned that time also singing the alphabet?
Even the somewhat older pupils in English classes as I can help with spelling or grammar. The teaching of mathematics, however, is still relatively hands-on and provides for me, therefore, still not as much opportunity to teach. On the subject of balance, be dependent played with scales around or be the subject of symmetry different paper body build, etc.
But not only the school keeps me busy, but my organization in Germany for which I have a semi-annual report must sign and on the various issues comment should.

anyone still en bigger steering wheel?
Finally, I tell you to be my personal highlight of last week. After more than 6 months I had in fact first soccer practice again, has done pretty darn good. After I had a listen a little and I've also looked a little on the Internet, I came across the football club "La Fiama," which is the best in Geraldton. Without further ado, I went on Tuesday evening to test training. With over 30 man for me was the training participation is surprisingly high, after all, football does not even count the number 1 sport in Australia. Apart from the high training participation, I also wondered about some players who can kick really well and so for me the regular seat in the 1st Team is not automatic.

future So I will have training twice a week and on weekends from April will then take place matches of what I need to register the association but still as a player. Normally, the membership fee would cost $ 200, but I was promised a deal because I have no income as a volunteer. I also can
have still managed by Renee, a teacher at the school, a visitor card for one of the gyms get here in Geraldton, where I train in vain 15 times in the future and thus make up the training deficit. Renee has previously also been organized for me a free hair appointment. I'm really so grateful to her, what she has already done it for me. However, It is not the only one who is very taken care of me. Many of the teachers have already invited me to various things. For example, I may with Stephanie and her family soon to camp or Kate invited me to their boat for wakeboarding. It is certainly not boring to me also:) I also find it still amazing how much the school environment takes care of me and my work as a volunteer appreciate what I learned in my first project to be rare.

Well now is the first time the weekend and once again time to try out the beach;) For skiing the way I was also at the start! Well you can have both bad. However, I wish you

all a wonderful weekend!
Dani

0 comments:

Post a Comment