Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Where To Buy Chicken Wings In Ottawa Wholesale

ICYE Camp & Geraldton

Keegan, Sophie and the emu, which had a name,
I have now forgotten, however:)
Halli Hello from the windy Geraldton:)
preliminary first time a major excuse for the small writing break, I indulged myself. Hope that no one has made very worried about me, I'm all around good. As mentioned before, it took me to the Mid-Year Camp in the beautiful Coastal town of Geraldton, 400km north of Perth devious. This, however, later ...
After my exciting trip I was only one God happy that Michelle has taken me to her home and offered me accommodation for the days to the Mid-Year-Camp. Not only a comfortable bed I was very grateful, but also the delicious food - understandably, these two things in my life of a Bag-Packers came a little short:) A change to travel offered other hand, indicate the trip to the game of cricket and the Net small-ball game. In addition to AFL and rugby are two typical Australian sport species, which in my opinion are boring alternatives to chess. When Cricket's is more to the atmosphere at a stage after all, a cricket match take several hours. Net-ball, however, is a feminine form of basketball, where less body contact is allowed:)

Keegan at Baten
Mixed Net Ball

ICYE-Australia Voluntary
hungry from the trip:)
From 21 to 24 January was then ICYE Mid-Year Camp Perth instead. As in the first camp we spent the nights in the motel next to the ICYE office. Except that we got some information about our new projects, the sense of coming together was more of the exchange of the different experiences among the volunteers, which was very interesting and exciting. Surprising was that my project has ultimately be the most interesting and varied out, but also the effort was. Although other volunteers who have spent their first semester in high school, some have bored very, could Chris, Max and see I have no old for our project - was too great then but the fear, the casual, old, air-conditioned Life of max. four hours work a day leaving behind and open up a new experience. But at the same time I was a little taken back their behavior proud to have been such a time by what we got any respect from the entire organization. Less surprising was for me, however, that Chris, Max and I were pretty much the only volunteer so that nothing was wrong with her second project, because we knew that it can only be comfortable and quiet. Well, enough compared to the end I decided for this project and no one is forced to work in a project in which he does not want to work.

Fremantle Oval with
AFL statue in the foreground
Fremantle Oval
addition to casual poolside hung and the Australian Open watched,'s came on one days still to Fremantle, where we had an afternoon look around a bit. However, we went to, for any of us after the camp project, after all, were still school holidays and 26 January still "Australia Day" - the Australian National Day which is celebrated from unknown reasons in this very day. No historical event to justify why exactly celebrated on this day the nation is and what is celebrated exactly is the least of Australians aware of - a kind of Father's Day in Germany where everyone is just happy and drunk:) Of course we had volunteers tolerable for us this experience and have mixed among the people in Perth at the end of the day to watch the fireworks from the still river.

boring afternoon in the House-ICYE
After the camp was over, we spent all the outstanding volunteer nights at the newly inaugurated ICYE house from which one after the other in his Project is drawn.
me it then as a last as already mentioned, ended up in Geraldton, where I will in future work in an elementary school. Even though I've already spent my first working days in school, I can tell you not so much to explain about the exact learning system, because this school is different from ordinary primary schools and teach according to the so-called "Steiner system," which probably best can be compared to the German forest village schools.
For more information, I add you have added these links:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldorfp% C3% A4dagogik
-something about the Waldorf education
http://www.leaningtree.wa.edu.au/
- Home of the primary school

My current housing situation is a little complicated, because the school has so far found no family for me and so I live currently in Toni, a German student, until the school has found a host family for me. As already part of many interest was shown, I'm assuming that it will not take too long ago, until I finally unpacked my bags again and I can make it cozy.
Meanwhile, I have now been three days spent at the school and am really happy because the school is very friendly, the teachers and the kids are just super friendly just adorable. So are my first impressions of my second project - the Leaning Tree Community School in Geraldton. How exactly my first week is over at this school will be given in the next entry, hopefully this time on what you do not have to wait as long as this:) Best wishes

0 comments:

Post a Comment