Thursday, February 10, 2011

Costco Dried Apple Wedges

my second project:)


A Hello from the hot summer Geraldton ... puuuhh Man this is hot:) From Geraldton because it is cooler than in the bush! In recent days the thermometer has always risen to the 40C mark. Who wants to work there please?
It's just summer in Geraldton and what the summer brings with it here so is wind, wind and wind again:) Here's a not only the heat rises to the top but the wind is blowing and a half off his feet. So much for the weather - still attached greetings to my German weatherman: D

Less is stormy However, it in my new Australian city life. Meanwhile, I've settled in nicely in Geraldton, I really like that project and with the people around me I get along great, too. I am very happy that I have found such a nice place for the second project.

Thomas, Sandra and Oscar:)
to my current living situation, there is this to say: Right now I live with Sandra & Thomas, which I quickly as possible from the stopgap wanted to free. As I said, I spent my first six nights for Toni, but more or less comfortable, after all, my air mattress every night out of steam and out of the case I would now no longer live. So I am last Friday when Sandra moved in, which is the way from Switzerland and teaches at my school. After I unpacked the suitcases nice, I got a call from the headmistress that she had found a host family and I pack my bags yet again could.

my current room
have about this good news I am very happy, but they had their hooks, because they would take me for a month. Although the experience of many families attracted a total stranger to take volunteers, it is still a large incision in the private sphere. I will need in the future that is probably used to it, hopping from host family to host family, which indeed is not so bad after all, one learns many new people and get different insights into the Australian family life:)


looks so's from then, when I look out the window in the morning

looks so `s in the evening from the terrace
so I will spend more over the next 1 ½ weeks here and then move on to the next host family.

enrollment
Gracia at Renee gets her sun flower off
is significantly less complicated it in my second project. The primary school, which is different for me now always visible from ordinary schools, will be so for the next 5 months my employer. The only similarity that this school is well with the public schools is the school uniform :) The Leaning Tree Comunity School is a small private school which teaches children from 3 years to 12 years. Classes are in 3 different groups:


ARTS
In the "Ocean-Room:) are the kiddies at the age of 3-6 years. This part of the school is more of a kindergarten, but this is understandable because of the age.
The Sunflower Room, children are taught from the first through third grade.
The Lighthouse Room, the oldest in the school because the classes taught here are 4 to 7.
While in ordinary schools, the Learning has priority over everything else, we try to amuse the kids here specifically with different things to learn.



first break
bring every child in the morning with a fruit or vegetable,
which is then cut and divided
Head, heart and hands are the three main headings, to which securely holds the school:
Head: It must be understood
Heart: An emotional bond is to be prepared to subject matter
Hands: learned to be applied and not remain just a theory.
Even if the whole thing a bit funny may sound, I am nevertheless glad to be landed at a school is extraordinary, because here I can be a lot more to operate than ordinary schools and, finally, there is a way of learning what I have to know him yet.

in the Ocean Room with the very young
bake the pizza:) are
total at the school about 60 children cared for and educated. The teacher team includes only women - I'm So the only young man at the school, which makes me pretty easy to win the boys for me:) However, I've found that you are no great deeds must spend liked to be from the kiddies:) With all the names I'm doing me, however, still a little hard, after all there're no ordinary names like Marcel or Christian, but Bradley and Willow - my name on the other hand was after the first day of every known.
About the school, there are still a lot to tell natürich, where I now JUDGEMENT LEFT this first.


my free time I try it as well as they feel with sports activities, because finally there was the opportunity for 4 months so unattainable. To school and back it goes with the bike, what to listen to again first, very boring Likes: increase) on his bike and ride is said here in Geraldton not so easy as to the contrary makes the wind. As the wind blows here almost every day from the same direction, I'm on my way home permanently directed against me. A little wind hurts of course, never, but when I walk down already träppeln need to ever get ahead, can the whole, are still regarded as a sporting activity - oh and am I the wind, of course not in my back, because there is no wind in the morning -. -

Thomas kiteboarding
the tennis played by the Wind also played a role again, so gambling is here more or less a gamble:) The change from sand to artificial turf was for me then probably the smallest problem. The wind is in some ways so much of a spoilsport. However, even for some, because the Kyde surfing it is needed. Geraldton is one of the best kitesurfing locations throughout Australia and therefore discussed here in addition to the normal surfing run very often. I can do my beginnings I have the weekend, because Thomas had taken me to the beach where I could fly with a training kite a bit. I hope that I can collect by mid-March or a little more experience, after all then breaks one of the Australian winter and the wind disappears too.

was That's all for now again by me;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment