Monday, October 11, 2010

Does Mcdonalds Own A Meat Factory

family

meantime, I've been a good week in my host family and working at last at the Centre Medico-Solidarité santé. My new family, Mom, Dad and three children live with aunt and grandmother in a housing unit. I have a private room with bathroom, of which many other volunteers here probably can only dream of. It seems as if my family more to the affluent middle class too. We even have a proper kitchen with a refrigerator and a large living room with TV and music system. This is by no means common.

My dad works in my center, but in the administration. My job is at the moment, patients are included. This means that we measure blood pressure and temperature and write down the size and weight. Then we continue off to the doctor or laboratory for blood. On average, we work on during my 5-15 people, mostly depending on the weather as the rain probably has no desire to come. In general, the Togolese population is still very reluctant to see a doctor in that we do so everything must and it tasted so at home first time with various herbs. There are apparently few people who have insurance, but have to earn really good. I will probably have to get used to it that it sometimes can be a moment when the patient is no. I try to use the time to learn Ewe. The debate gives me some trouble, but little progress to report. My colleagues are all very nice, although not necessarily a swat. I think you will find here little workaholics.

On Sunday we got up early as 5 am to go to church. Even if you torture yourself out of bed really needs, Africa is truly a paradise in the morning. It is pleasantly cool, the rising sun bathes everything in a beautiful warm light, and there are hardly any cars and motos go. The wind blows through the palm trees and small isolated goat run through the streets. To 8am the sun beats down mercilessly from the sky it is usually already and you can not even remember that there can sometimes be cool. Afternoon I went with my siblings to the pool, it's really refreshing and funny. Since there are no public bathrooms, you just go to the surrounding hotels, which have a pool, where it can spend a little admission all day.

There are many things in the family, I have to get used to. For example, we eat together, almost never. Everyone just eats when he is hungry. I'm much more likely that the common food here is very important. Perhaps it is only in my family. In any case, there is still much to discover and explore. It certainly still waiting on one or the other foot in me ...

whole love greetings from Togo, à bientot ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment