Tuesday, November 2, 2010

What Size Of Trowel Do I Use On Tiles

adventure


After four weeks, the hardest 'project work, have to spend a few friends and I decided a long weekend in Lome and stay an unforgettable experience. It was high time to get out Kpalimé to see something else. After I had on Friday a very motivating talk with the director of my project site (more on this later), I am in good spirits and full of anticipation of the way to Lome (five of us were set off at an early, Greg and I were supposed to work ) meet. The first problem presented itself to me already in Kpalimé, buses and taxis to Lome were all empty. Known to drive here but overcrowded car from A to B. I then abruptly went to the moto-taxi to Agou-Gare, where I was to meet with Greg. There we were able to escape to special offers "Lomé hardly sat for a vociferous debate (" No, take that with me. ', I've first seen.' But it is after the other. ") A few minutes later, both forward in a minibus. Since there is only one passenger seat, I must content myself with the middle and take the coupling between the legs just so. Here it is way it is. Without further incident We are about 2 hours later arrived at the bus station in the capital. There move to the same moto-taxis about us zubefördern further. But we are now only a couple times, because you can get involved with the best will in no more than two drivers. In the hotel we meet with the other, we sleep in a screened room. With air conditioning! The promise to be pleasant nights, after we have received from the hotel even mattresses for the floor. Happens to be on the same evening a little Oktoberfest 'at the Goethe-Institut. Here again, the 200th Birthday celebrated with beer and swaying. The marching band is rather tenuous, as most do not know the original, it falls to just a few. The beer from plastic cups tastes rather stale, so we decide to spend the rest of the evening somewhere else. We left out dancing in a deserted (it's also just 20pm) area nightclub, before we can end your day on the terrace outside our room.

the Saturday we spend most of the beach in a hotel because it is apparently too dangerous to walk on unguarded sites into the water. But even here we do not venture very far inside, but the current is very strong and the bottom drops out equally. We enjoy it anyway, better than nothing. The holiday mood is definitely there. We are suddenly no longer volunteers, but simply tourists. Carefree ... if we did not flow the money through the fingers. Always eat out, treat yourself once this time the evening celebrating the easier on the wallet. The next few weeks we will have to hold us back. Until next trip ... In the early evening I pick up the three leading players in the management of the CMS Solidarité, including my host father. We drive to the airport to a delegation of aid to Togo to receive eV. They will spend three weeks in Togo and visit their various projects. Among other things, our Centre. As the group probably speaks little French, I will tomorrow, if we a are visiting their turn, act as an interpreter and satisfied that we need much support, a deep well as drinking water, so water will not buy more expensive. We also urgently need a solar system. Due to the frequent power cuts, the work is often difficult, especially at night, appliances break down more quickly, the cold chain of the drugs is constantly interrupted, etc. Just because no funds for such investments. Hopefully help Togo eV for what we left. I am amazed by the farsightedness of the plans. In the long run you will be able to save some money and the employees give back more salary. This has been reduced recently, which reduces the motivation to work visible. A vicious circle. I think the direction has great pieces on negotiating skills ... I am quite nervous but it, it is much at stake.

Back to Lome ... On Sunday we spend after the visit of a French supermarket at the pool at the Ibis Hotel. If one gets out of the warm bath water, the ambient temperature (35 degrees) proper cooling.

For a volunteer who has remained in Kpalimé, I will still pick up a package that he Togolese living in Germany has brought home on leave. Actually, a quick thing, I think. Three hours later, the abdomen (may taste like the incredibly well!) Full of Prince role and a good lunch, I finally say goodbye. In the bag or a big sign Milka chocolate, I rush off to the other within a few minutes after we have given the molten Schokobrei between cold water bottles back some form. Yummy!

the evening we meet with a few Togo, which some of us already know from Kpalimé and go dancing properly. I'm still sore in the thighs. On Monday we all got very difficult from our beds. After the air conditioning had failed, we got a nice hotel watchman clock by 5 am still a huge iron fan that a helicopter could almost compete. But better too loud than too hot and stuffy. On the way home we get into a heavy rain. Our taxi is obviously not waterproof. It drips only under the boot, but so is our luggage quite wet. I am also glad to be back home, Lomé is still very hard even if we liked it all very well and we all had fun together Mange. I think it all went to bed early.
one of our young patients

The work today was the same time my host father with two drug vials up to me and asked if I was him could inject. My first krankenschwesterliche activity, except for blood pressure and temperature measurement. Really nice veins, my dad, a dream! Later there was a small Réunion in the three by the administration. We discussed how we do tomorrow when we visited to help Togo eV. I will also be formed even in schools and training centers, to conduct lectures and discussions. There are six modules per group each two hours in which to say as about life planning, sexuality, health, the right 'NO' and the combination of tradition and new can be spoken. I am beginning to see a sense of my stay. It will certainly make me a lot of fun. The group of aid to Togo eV is still a Julia, who has just graduated from high school and would like to make three months of internship at our Centre. Since she is also active in the rescue, perhaps we can achieve together my plan to offer first aid courses. Couple makes it certainly more fun.

I am glad that I can report to you, as it goes forward with the things! Until then, all the love and greetings from a very happy Julia!

0 comments:

Post a Comment