Saturday, September 18, 2010

Where Can I Get Turf For My Skis

bonne arrivée

Thank you for your patience. Finally I have the opportunity to share my life in Togo. This is the Internet not always that simple.
am now I have two weeks here, but it seems to me a lot longer ago. We are a group of sixteen Volunteers, some from the voluntary services, in part by the SCI (Service Civil International). Through September we spend together before we come to our host families and start with our projects. This is very good for acclimatization, as it is but a few things that are very different than in Germany. Thus, we can discover many things together and make our group leaders many questions.
The first few days after our arrival, we are still in Lomé, the capital remained. Here we have various ministries and the German Embassy made our respects. Important for cross-cultural understanding and exchange.
are a half weeks ago we went to Kpalimé, the city, which will be the next eleven months my home. Kpalimé me has instantly fallen totally good, not so loud and busy as Lomé. In particular, we are not as many cars and motorcycles.
We live in a house with three rooms where we hung our mosquito nets indiscriminately and living out of suitcases. You will sleep on the floor, happy is he who has a foam pad Daei. After a week, treat yourself to the most but then a foam mattress, the floor is really very hard, and the unfamiliar noises can sleep a rather uneasy. For example, the cock crows here already about half past four in the morning and then at least half an hour, until everyone really awake.
In the four weeks that we spend together before starting our project, we have an orientation seminar and make a joint work camp. Our predecessors have built a youth center, we take care of the 'garden'. It should have built a playground and trees and flowers are planted. We probably start on Monday.
my new work Spatz
Last Week I've ever looked at my project site and met my boss. I will work at the Centre Medico Social Solidarity. In Germany, there is nothing like it. You go out there as a doctor, but can stay overnight if it is too badly. Surgery is not there. There is also a kitchen for the needy, I think because you do bring something to the meals. More infos check in October.

Sabrina and I have
Yesterday we made a trip to a waterfall in the near Kpalimé. Nature is really beautiful, it feels like in the jungle. What is missing is the roar of lions.

So in general I can say that I've already acclimated very well and I totally feel comfortable. I look forward to next year ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment